Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"You're The Food Lady!"

One evening when I was out in the community, a woman pointed my direction and called out, "You're The Food Lady!"  Startled, I looked up and debated if she meant I was: One-in need of food; Two-in need of less food; Three-a food critic. She clarified for me by stating the she had come to a presentation I'd given about picky eaters. Children who have difficulty with feeding and eating are an area of specialization in my clinical practice. Children may have problems with eating due to: difficulties with chewing and swallowing, sensory based feeding disorders, history of gastrointestinal issues or a combination of the three. My goal for this blog is to share ideas and insights I have found with the families of children who have difficulty with feeding, and to allow them to share their wisdom with me.
A big thanks to that Mom for the idea for the name of the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment