Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 14, 2014

PEANUT FREE school lunch idea

Some schools are peanut free, but not nut free. For all parents of picky eaters the goal is to expand the diet. I found a great gluten free, peanut free nut butter. Nuttzo. It contains organic ingredients: cashews, almonds, hazel nuts, Brazil nuts, flax seed, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and salt.   Note: label reads "made in a facility that processes soy, sesame, tree nuts, peanuts and seeds."
This super nutritious food can be introduced via mixing with a child's preferred peanut butter. See prior post.
I found  Nuttzo at Costco in my area and at Whole Foods in the nut butter section.  There I saw, but have not tasted, a chocolate version as well. That could be a yummy option.  Truthfully, I am a bit afraid of being alone in my clinic with a jar of chocolate nut butter. 




1 comment: